Are you looking for a new addition to your home? Kix has joined with The Pet Pantry to gather some helpful resources to help in your search for a new furry family member, or foster pet!
Adopt, Don’t Shop!
Consider adopting a rescue pet instead of buying from a breeder or store.
Why should you adopt or foster a rescued pet?
- Because you’ll save a life – More than 2.7 million adoptable dogs and cats are euthanized each year in the US. Adopting a pet not only saves your animal, but it opens up another shelter space for an animal in need.
- Because you’ll get a great animal – Shelter pets are healthy, happy pets just waiting for a home!
- Because you’ll get a bargain – Adoption fees typically cover the cost of spay/neuter, first vaccinations and microchipping
- To help put an end to irresponsible breeding/puppy mills – There are irresponsible breeders and even worse, puppy mills who sell to stores. Even purebreds can be found in a pet rescue group or shelter.
Local Pet Rescue Organizations & Shelters
- Best Friend Pet Adoption
- Best Buddies Companion Rescue & Adoption
- Calvin’s Paws (formerly Marley’s Cat Tails)
- Carolina Animal Rescue & Adoption (CARA)
- Carolina Boxer Rescue
- Cat Angels Adoptions
- Doberman Rescue of NC
- Franklin County Humane Society
- German Shepherd Rescue & Adoptions
- Goathouse Refuge
- Great Dane Rescue Alliance
- Hope Animal Rescue
- Johnston Animal Protection League
- The Merit Pit Bull Foundation
- Neuse River Golden Retriever Rescue
- Palisades Animal Rescue
- PAWFECT MATCH Rescue
- Paws4Ever – APS of Orange County
- Peak Lab Rescue (Formerly MooreLabs)
- Ruff Love Rescue
- Sound Pet Animal Rescue (S.P.A.R.R.)
- S.P.C.A. of Wake County
- Triangle Beagle Rescue of NC
- Triangle Pets Alive of North Carolina
- Wake Animal Advocates Group
Feed Your Pets
You just adopted a new member of your family, now give them the same nutrition you’d provide for your family.
The Pet Pantry provides All-Natural, Holistic dog and cat food – delivered straight to your door!
Get your free sample at FeedYourPets.com.