It’s time to have some fun in the sun, and these tips will help you save money while doing it!
· Consider carpooling. Between traffic and finding places to park, driving to the beach can be a hassle. If you have a group heading for an extended weekend getaway, consider carpooling and splitting the costs of driving and parking.
· Go mobile to save on gas. An immediate way to cut vehicle costs is by tackling one of your car’s daily expenses: gas. Use the nifty cellphone app GasBuddy to compare fuel prices by city, state and zip code. It can also find the best price on gas near your immediate location.
· Bring your own food. One of the best ways to save money when you visit the beach is by bringing a cooler of your own food. Prepare sandwiches, throw in some snacks, a bag of ice and you are beach ready!
· Eat SMART. If you want to skip the hassle of a cooler, you can still enjoy local cuisine without burning your wallet. Consider places to eat away from the boardwalk to avoid inflated prices and foot traffic.
· Find free activities. Memorial Day weekend is known for fairs, public events and more! Scout out your town’s festivities for the weekend and catch the fireworks for free. If you’re headed to the beach, make sure to bring activities for your friends and family such as beach balls, pales and shovels!
· Budget. Just because you’re at the beach during peak season, doesn’t mean you have to subject yourself to inflated prices! There are plenty of ways to save, including shopping online prior to your getaway or staying at a less popular hotel.
· Be on the lookout for freebies. One of the most common booking promotion is bonuses/freebie deals. For example, receiving a free night with a required minimum stay, complimentary breakfast, activities, etc. Keep an eye out for these sales when booking your trip to get the most bang for your buck.
· Skip the rental car and opt for local transportation. Depending on your travel destination, you can easily research transportation options to get you out and about. Whether it is public or hotel transportation, you can significantly cut costs and see more in town when you choose public transportation.
· Skip the hotel. Adventure out of your comfort zone and book a stay through Airbnb or hostels for any last-minute bookings. Often Airbnb and hostels will be more accommodating to last-minute bookings and offer lower rates than popular hotel chains.
· Use cashback sites. Save money on flights and hotels by shopping through cashback rebates sites such as TopCashback.com and receive cashback on major retailers including Expedia, Hotels and more. You can receive up to $16 cashback for international flight tickets purchased with JustFly or you can get $15 on flights bought at FlightHub – even for airfares that are less than $60!
Read more via topcashback.com.