Wake County has issued some new restrictions in the effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- All grooming and wellness centers, including tattoo parlors, hair and nail salons, tanning beds, gyms and fitness clubs most close.
- Mass gatherings of more than 50 people (indoors and outdoors) are banned.
- Residents in nursing homes and similar facilities can only have one adult visitor per day unless it is an end-of-life situation, and the visitor must be screened for fever of 100.4-degrees or higher, cough and difficulty breathing before they can enter the building
- All group activities at nursing homes should be canceled, and residents should be at least 6 feet from each other at all times, even while dining.
- Public playgrounds are closed to families. People can continue using open spaces at parks, including greenways and trails while maintaining social distancing.
- Retail stores and workplaces that remain open are encouraged to take customers’ and employees’ temperatures before they enter their buildings. Anyone with a fever of 100.4 or higher should be turned away.